Seven Hills supplements its innovative curriculum with opportunities for our students to pursue their interests, discover new ones, and find support to help them succeed in and out of our classrooms – and beyond.
These complements to the regular curriculum include:
- The “7HS Houses,” in which each student becomes part of a cross-grade school team for year-round competition and community service
- River Days each month, working in concert with the James River Park Association
- In-class math tutoring
- High school application process support and guidance
- The “Coming of Age Initiative for Sevens”
- Dorsey Days for Eights (dedicated to organizing and finalizing applications for high school)
- Camping and field trips to build community and enrich education
- Grade-specific parent/guardian coffees to address age-specific issues
- Exploratory classes including Advanced Filmmaking, Comics Workshop, Djembe Drumming, Fire-making, Woodshop, and more than fifty additional options.
- After School Game Club
- School-wide Study Period
- Model United Nations
- Student Government
- Honor Council
- Future Problem Solving teams
Interscholastic sports teams including soccer, basketball, and tennis.